2015年11月17日火曜日

Handloom and my grandfather .


Nowadays in this century most of the people have one profession and depending on it can live their lives,but people like my grandfather age used to have more than one profession and it was somewhat necessity to have more profession.
I feel it was not enough to live life with just one profession in that time. 
My grandfather can weave on handloom,he can make ladakhi traditional shoes,he does carpentry,he also work as a mason, ofcourse he knows everything about irrigation and fields work,he can read and write in boti i:e in bodhi script.
If he lacks those skills he would had face lots of problems.

In a way people of my grandfather age were masters in all kinds of profession that was part of living and necessity to live.
Why it become necessity was due to lack of money. Rich people could afford to hire professional people to make them clothes,make them do carpentry,and to construct houses etc. but it was not possible with poor people,so they have to trained and master themselves in all kinds of professions to compromise with their lack of money.

This time I am learning one part of his profession (handloom) , and he is making me a brand new handloom set after making some effort and pursuance.

I hope to learn his skill and maybe someday pass on this skill to next generation.



1:My grandfather making one part of the handloom. 


2:my grandfather's self- made handloom.


3: My uncle who has recently got his training from my grandfather is still learning.


0 件のコメント: